Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kentucky Derby




Well, since my move to Illinios it has been a bit slow getting back into my groove of having a small social circle like what I had when I lived in Michigan. Let me tell you, when you move and you don't no anyone but your beloved beau, making new friends is a bit harder than NOPE..cultivating your new "tribe" is a bit harder than it sounds. Part of that reason is that I took a leave of absence from the JL this year and that left me without volunteer friends. This meant no book clubs, wine clubs, food clubs, etc. I also don't know one person having a Kentucky Derby day party. If a friend of mine in Michy wasn't having a party, I could always count on a gal from the league to have a fete. So I will sport a lt. pink/hot pink and white argyle short sleeved sweater and pink skirt today while wearing my equestrian necklace and pin. Ken doll and I will sip mint juleps (my first year making them) until we begin speaking southernese. We're going to make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment